Cosmetic Eye Services
You treasure your vision and have selected physicians at the Yale Eye Center to provide top-notch eye care. You may also want to improve the way your eyes look, make your eyes look younger, more refreshed and still ensure that your eyes are healthy.
Through a comprehensive examination Dr. Flora Levin, Director of Oculoplastics and Orbital Surgery, will discuss and recommend the best treatment(s) to address your cosmetic eye concerns. Examples of treatments for common problems include:Getting rid of ‘bags’ around your eyes
Your eyes may look tired or feel heavy or extra skin or ‘bags’ show under them. These changes may be due to sun exposure, smoking, allergies, genetics or aging changes. Regardless of the cause, if you find them objectionable or the droopy eyelids affect your vision there are surgical procedures to correct the problem. Dr. Levin performs surgical correction of droopy eyelids (ptosis repair), droopy eyebrows (brow lift) or removal of excess skin and fat (blepharoplasty) to improve the appearance of your eyes and possibly improve your visual function.Reducing wrinkles around your eyes and face
Wrinkles around the eyes tend to make you look tired or older than you feel. They too can be caused by sun exposure, smoking and aging changes. Wrinkles around the eyes and face may be dynamic (change with smiling) or static (constantly present). Dr. Levin can improve dynamic changes with injections of Botox™ while static wrinkles can be improved with fillers.Improving your skin condition
Your skin condition has multiple components including color and texture. Rough, dry or oily skin, abnormal skin pigmentation or fine wrinkles can also give a tired or aged look. Dr. Levin can improve rough skin texture and fine wrinkles with chemical peels while dry or oily skin and irregular skin coloration can be improved with prescription strength skin regimen including daily cleaners and medications.Increasing your lash length and thickness
Thick, longer lashes give the eye a youthful, energetic appearance. Treatment with the latest medications will improve the thickness and length of your lashes to improve your eyes’ appearance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I a good candidate?
- To be a good candidate you should be at least 18 years of age, not pregnant or nursing and in good medical health.collapse
- Are cosmetic eye services covered by insurance?
- Most procedures are considered elective and usually not covered by insurance. However, if the procedure can improve visual function (i.e. droopy eyelid surgery) it might be covered by insurance. We accept cash, check, and credit cards or can arrange a payment plan. There is a discount for employees and their families of Yale University and Yale-New Haven Hospital. Fees can be quoted upon request.collapse
- What technology does Yale use?
- Dr. Levin uses the most advanced products including: Botox Cosmetic™ for dynamic wrinkles, Juvederm™ for static wrinkles, Vivité Glycolic Peel™ for skin resurfacing, Latisse™ for eyelash growth and Clinique Medical™ for daily skin care.collapse
- Can I have treatment the day of my consultation?
- Yes. Many of the treatments can be provided the day of the consultation with little down time following that day. You will be advised at the consultation about which treatments require more than one application.collapse
- Is it safe?
- Generally, yes. To make your procedure as safe and effective as possible, Yale uses advanced products. Complications may include allergic reactions, bleeding, infection, under or over correction, or asymmetry. Most complications are temporary.collapse